Summer is officially here and Entangled Roots Press will be tabling at many events during the season. Below is a list along with information about the three events we’ll be tabling at in the next couple weeks. This is your chance to come pick work up and check out all the other great art and activities that are happening around the city.
The first event coming up in just a couple of days on Monday, June 26th is The Know’s Monthly Artshitz Arts & Crafts Flea Market and Bazaar (6-10pm) If you haven’t checked out the awesome space that The Know moved to, this is your chance. This is a monthly event featuring local artists and crafters. This month they are featuring photography by Sknkboi, new murals and permanent arts by Calvin Wright & Rabbit Fox, and the release of Grab Back Comics Anthology: acts of love and resistance (stories about sexual assault, harassment and advocacy.) All are welcome! The Know is located at 3728 NE Sandy.
Later in the week is this years first Last Thursday of the summer on June 29th from 6-9pm. NE Alberta Street will be shut down to traffic between NE 15th and NE 30th. Thousands come out to this street fair to check out the new works being show in the galleries and businesses on Alberta as well as to check out all the street vendors and events happening. I’m usually set up around NE 29th. This year they have a couple new features including:
- There will be a Native American village area on the east end of the block between 27th and 28th. This will include native artists, storytellers, and flute players. It will take up about half the block on both sides of the street.
- Aerospace Science for Kids will be on the same block with the Native American Village to make paper airplanes.
- The Rebuilding Center will be on the west end of the block between 28th and 29th. This will include a craft making station, the opportunity to see inside one of the sleeping pods that are being used at the new Kenton Village for homeless women, and other demonstrations about the Rebuilding Center. This will be on one half of the south side of the street.
- As has been tradition, there will be fire dancing at 19th next to the Vaudeville bus.
The last event coming up in the next couple of weeks is the Artist & Craftsman Supplies’ One Year Anniversary Party happening on Sunday, July 2nd from noon to 5pm. Artist & Craftsman Supply is located at 2906 North Lombard and the event will be happening behind the shop in their large parking lot. They will be providing:
-Snacks from Green Zebra Grocery
– Live music with The Jack Maybe Project
-Live screen printing with Dead Matter Press (Bring your own t-shirt)
-craft table for kids
– A FREE raffle with three separate prizes
-20+ local artist vendors selling their work
I hope to see some of our wonderful community out at these events! Until then keep an eye out for new work and some summer sales.